Finally, we are at the end of the Madness, aka,Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. I cannot believe that 24 hours are over already! To say I will miss it is an understatement and I will count days until the April event comes along! This was MAGNIFICENT and so very unique, that I am still in a kind of awe of it! Don’t get me wrong, I have read through the nights many times, but this rush was something out of the world. This sense of so many readers all over the world reading together,different time zones, different genres, but united by books is so out of the world that it takes one’s breathe away!One of the most memorable events of virtual reading/blogging lives.
Now for the closing survey –
1.Which hour was most daunting for you?
Afternoon! Nights I can manage, but Sunday afternoon after a good lunch is always a snooze time
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Depending on the interest of the readers, I would recommend,the following
- History – The Wonder that was India by AL Basham
- Literary – The Book of Snobs by WM Thackeray
- Historical Fiction – The Source by James Michener
- Chick Lit – Kissing Toads by Jemma Harvey
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
I think you all are doing an awesome job! Just perfect!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
This is my first readathon, so cannot say much, but your tips on preparing for the readathon really really helped in keeping me going
5.How many books did you read?
6.What were the names of the books you read?
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Land of the Seven Rivers by Sanjeev Sanyal
- Halfway through – The Book of Snobs by WM Thackeray
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Toss up between Land of Seven Rivers and the Book of Snobs
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Least is a reletive term, but I felt The Girl on the Train was kind of cliched
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest chance of participation, I would say 20!! Since I am still kind of new to the game, I would say, I will stick to being a participant reader for now!
Like I said, this is the end my friend! However before I close this post, a big thank you to Cleo and Brona for keeping me going and cheering me on! Finally, to the bestest hostesses in the world at Dewey’s @ and @ for your innovation, energy and passion! You guys seriously rock!!