Time To Go Spinning Again….
I missed the last couple of Classic Club Spins due to ill-health, over work, blah, blah blah! But like I mentioned in one of previous blogs, I back anew. Therefore it’s only natural that I undertake to be part of the Classic Club Spin again, even if I get to read books I never like (Remember Madame Bovary!!!) But then to counterbalance the whole thing, I did absolutely fall in love again with Dickens and re-read the entire Dickens collection! Anyway, as part of starting anew, I present my list! What’s if any is different this time you ask? Well starting anew is also charting untested waters, so all the books I have listed, I have never read before and I am slightly dubious about. But fortune favors the brave, therefore without any further ado, I plunge in –
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Wives and Daughter by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende
- The Wings of Dove by Henry James
- Washington Square by Henry James
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
- Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
- The Short Stories of Katherine Mansfield by Katherine Mansfield
- The Good Solider by Ford Maddox Ford
- Parade’s End by Ford Maddox Ford
- Dubliners by James Joyce
- The Small House at Allington by Anthony Trollope
There is THE list – books I have never read and some I never really want to (Kate Chopin and Ms Woolf top that list!) but onwards new journey!
Now waiting for Monday May 12th!