And December Will Come Spinning ….!
No! No! I cannot and I mean I CANNOT take on more projects! The Classic Club Spin#4 is way too much for a plate that already has so much and spilling over. Besides the Classic Club spin batting rate in favor of the books I selected is only 33%. I did not like re-reading Madame Bovary by Gustav Flaubert, but became a re-convert to Charles Dickens after revisiting Great Expectations; but again lost my way with George Elliot’s Middlemarch! There are enough reasons to shy away from this event and I will! I have will power! I do!
Oh! Heck! No I do not have will power! The devil in my mind points out that I have to read this through November and December and that by December my plate will be practically empty. Besides I have two weeks of vacation coming up, so what the hell? Go for it says the devil and I willingly jump into the deep blue sea.
Here goeth the list –
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Wives and Daughter by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
- Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
- Emma by Jane Austen
- King Solomon’s Mines by Henry Rider Haggard
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope
- The Small House at Allington by Anthony Trollope
- A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen
- The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
- The Moonstone by Willie Collins
- The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells
- Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott
- The Way of All Flesh by Samuel Butler
- The Grand Babylon by Arnold Bennett
- Around the World in 80 days by Jules Verne
The list is primarily more or less the same, however because it’s December and Christmas and I have had an officially a lousy 2013, I have decided to make myself a little present via the list. I have included books I want to read and have never read as well as books I read long ago and wanted to revisit but never did; but taken off all the books that I dread reading or did not like reading it the first time round – yes! I know! Like before I may lose out an opportunity to rediscover and love an author /book because of my prejudices, but there is always 2014 to set forth for new brave adventures. In the meanwhile, the holidays are coming and I will indulge myself just this time round!