It’s the first of the brand new year again and someone sent me text with a quote that goes as follows –
“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” ― Brad Paisley
I thought this is very apt; as most of you are aware I am unusually fond of New Beginnings, even it means a new beginning at the middle of the year. So while I set new chapters for the 2013 book, which I will enumerate shortly, I need to face facts and see how I did in my 2012 plans, which some niggling conscience tells me that I did a disastrous job –
- Earn more – Well I did but I spent it all so that’s no good
- Lose weight – Lost 5 pounds to a goal of 30 pounds…..oh! Brother! This was so no go!
- Write rigorously and get published – Write I did and a lot more but I need to do more. I attempted to get published but did not get through; but did not follow-up either
- Compatible partnerships – The tricky one; Still in no man’s land, but definitely becoming a rock solid formation and may be heading towards an island formation. So some points scored here.
- Save and cut debts – No! Did not manage any saving and incurred more debts! Ouch!
The scorecard does not look good, but I am the eternal optimist and I will make yet another goal sheet or rather chapter plan for 2013’s books and I am extremely confident that I will make more success of it this year (Ya! Ya! I know you are scoffing, but there is something called the eternal sunshine of unbound optimism!)
- Lose Weight – 30 pounds and no less.
- Save and cut debts – I will probably earn what I do today, but I need to be more frugal
- Write more and get published – Complete the incomplete works (at least 3 at this point) and send them for publication. Attempt minimum of 5-6 publishing houses/agents.
- Compatible Partnerships – Create an island and set the foundation for a larger land mass like a continent, which is sustainable for centuries.
- Read more – Not only what I like but some more works the Lecito List as well some difficult works like Balzac and Dostoyevsky
I am not sure if this is ambitious or not, but like I said, I am an eternal optimist and unless I begin how will I end?