Some Books and One Wish
As another year draws to an end, I wonder at my last post and think what would be the most appropriate ending for the year. Should I do a scorecard again, like I did in August? Should I carry on with my usual posts on books, friends and sundry? What would be the most befitting farewell to 2012 and then suddenly I knew – for someone who loves books, I would want to list some of my best reads of the year in no order of preference – it’s hard to really always scale things you love; especially if they are tied to a place. So without any further ado, here goes –
- Cranford, Elizabeth Gaskell
- Russian Winter, Daphne Kalotay
- The Bridge of San Louis Rey, Thorton Wilder
- London, Edward Rutherford
- Three Comrade, Erich Maria Remarque
- Good Omens, Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman
- The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
- The Case of Exploding Mangoes, Mohammed Hanif
- The Swan Thieves, Elizabeth Kostova
- Tinker, Tailor, Solider Spy, John Le Carre
- The Casual Vacancy, J.K.Rowling
- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
Some are just darn good tales, while others are serious body of literature, while still others are morality tales of modern kind – no matter what they are, I enjoyed them thoroughly and my life is so much more enriched, because I met these novels and their characters!
While I signoff for the year, here’s wishing all my readers a wonderful 2013 with all the joy and laughter! Thank you for tagging along with me through this year and for sharing your thoughts, experience or simply your likes! Thank you most importantly for taking the time out through this year to read through my random musings!
Cheers to 2013!
P.S. Here’s a special wish for all the follow book maniacs – wish you all a joyous and wondrous reading in the New Year! May we all get new books and brilliant new authors to savor! Happy Reading!